09 March 2008

Book: Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

So...this is one of the two Harry Potter books that were published to support Comic Relief, U.K. between Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix.

This is a required book beginning in the first year at Hogwarts. I read it after I finished the series and enjoyed it quite a lot. There is la good deal of information about all the creatures that one comes upon in the wizarding world. This is a reproduction of Harry's actual textbook and includes all the writing inside done be he, Ron and Hermione.

It was a super quick read-42 pages. If you don't know anything about the world of Harry Potter, I don't recommend reading this. If you do, well, I'd imagine you've picked it up already...if not, you should. There isn't any new "story" but the facts are fun!

Bottom Line: In my library for good!

Interesting side note...this is a spoiler---stop reading now if you haven't read through book seven...Luna Lovegood marries this fellow's grandson...Rolf later in life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ocm said...

Had to add the little anti-spam feature to my comments due to this one.

: )