13 October 2008

Another day...another year...


So, yesterday was my birthday.
Funny how they seem to come around so often anymore :)


Now, I must say that I quite enjoy my birthdays...in fact I like to do lots of celebratory things through the month. This was much easier and lots of fun when my birthday buddy, Leanetta was living here. She has moved to Baltimore. I really need to call her--as she tried to reach me while I was on the plane home from Florida. Netta, if you see this...I'll call...soon.

Baskin Robbins has German Chocolate Cake ice cream all month! The leaves begin changing and falling from the trees. It's cool enough to bake comfortably. I also consider this the beginning of the holiday season...finishing my Christmas shopping and gift making and enjoying the festivals and fun places to go and see.

Anyway--I had quite a nice day. My parents sent lots of boxes to be opened and my friend Brenda joined me for an afternoon of frolicking about and cooking a nice little supper.

My boxes were filled with lots of fun and useful things.
My favorite is a 1930 edition of The Secret of the Old Clock by Carolyn Keene.
Huzzah!

A great big THANKS to everyone who sent thoughtful greetings!!

I'll leave you with a photo of the flowers Brenda brought over.
I think they're quite cheery.


1 comment: