
29 June 2007 is the departure date for our little team headed to help Word of Life Fellowship with their last week of children's summer camp. They are located in Toalmas, Hungary (check out the link for more details on camp and WoL). During the school year this is the location of Word of Life Bible Institute, Hungary. The camp we will be working with offers special instruction in English, Soccer and Disc Golf! We will assist with the English classes as well as have the opportunity to get to know the kids and staff throughout the days and evenings we are there.
The other members of our fine team are Eric Hegybeli & Talitha Obards. They both attend Baruch Hashem in Anthem, Arizona. The photo here is of our meeting in May with Dara (on the end) who has been great in helping us keep organised as we prepare for our journey! Thanks are due to Baruch Hashem for being our 'sponsor' and Eric for heading things up.
I will be flying out of SeaTac at 1100 to meet up with the team at Sky Harbor later in the day. We then head straight over to Heathrow Airport in London where we have a little layover before embarking on our last leg of the journey which lands us at Budapest Ferihegy Airport about 2300 local time. After our week of camp we will spend some time touring about the country. We're planning to visit Budapest, Esztergom and Pecs...
In this fine technological age we have been informed that wireless connectivity will be available at most every stop. Hopefully I'll be able to post some updates, some fun photos (probably more photos in my google pages than here) and I'll share what I am blessed to see the Lord doing in and around us.
In preparation for this wonderful opportunity to return to Hungary, I've been in prayer and scripture as well...God is ever faithful in revealing truth, for which I am grateful. I really do not see this as a "missions trip", but rather a continuation of the ministry we are called to daily-to serve and glorify our Lord. I continue to pray that in all things, word and deed, that I may glorify Christ...and each of the others on the team as well.
Until next time!
: )
The other members of our fine team are Eric Hegybeli & Talitha Obards. They both attend Baruch Hashem in Anthem, Arizona. The photo here is of our meeting in May with Dara (on the end) who has been great in helping us keep organised as we prepare for our journey! Thanks are due to Baruch Hashem for being our 'sponsor' and Eric for heading things up.
I will be flying out of SeaTac at 1100 to meet up with the team at Sky Harbor later in the day. We then head straight over to Heathrow Airport in London where we have a little layover before embarking on our last leg of the journey which lands us at Budapest Ferihegy Airport about 2300 local time. After our week of camp we will spend some time touring about the country. We're planning to visit Budapest, Esztergom and Pecs...
In this fine technological age we have been informed that wireless connectivity will be available at most every stop. Hopefully I'll be able to post some updates, some fun photos (probably more photos in my google pages than here) and I'll share what I am blessed to see the Lord doing in and around us.
In preparation for this wonderful opportunity to return to Hungary, I've been in prayer and scripture as well...God is ever faithful in revealing truth, for which I am grateful. I really do not see this as a "missions trip", but rather a continuation of the ministry we are called to daily-to serve and glorify our Lord. I continue to pray that in all things, word and deed, that I may glorify Christ...and each of the others on the team as well.
Until next time!
: )
1 comment:
Be safe my friend. I'll be thinking about you. :hugs:
love ya!
deb
Post a Comment