11 June 2007

...here...

Here I am in Woodinville...in my little condo...getting a little dozey...thinking about being 'here'.

This photo is of my (very) adorable niece, Megan. It was taken when I was last visiting Arizona. She rather liked this little hooded floaty thing--as long as it was
not floating! Here, she is firmly planted on the steps, laughing at either her mamma or one of her aunties, I'm not sure! ;)

I guess I wonder sometimes about how it all works out.


I'm here...and most everyone I care about is somewhere else. How I longed to be far from the desert and the blazing sun that resides there. How happy I am to be in the PacNW, where the sun is frequently tucked in with some wonderful clouds; creating not an oven-like scenario, but one of muted warmth that I enjoy quite a lot.


I went to Portland, OR for the first time this weekend and enjoyed it there very much! I was also reminded of how I love a roadtrip. As I drove about admiring the countryside, I had a chance to think about
being 'here' and feeling 'far'. I think I am actually quite blessed. I live somewhere I enjoy. I am able to travel more and more. I love to have guests...so many sites to see and unique things here in the Puget Sound.

Though it's tough to say goodbye to friends and family, in many ways I have the best of many things. How I love that God's plans are bigger than mine--resting in Him...and trusting--that is a fantastic adventure. How I am grateful for our God...sovereign and good!

No comments: