As I am here in my indoor/outdoor rocker sitting beside my Duraflame fire reading all about the Janome HT2008 and various comparisons. My thoughts drift to cash.
The great thing about living by a budget is the fact I know where all of my money is going every month. It doesn't just seem to 'disappear'.
The stinky thing about living by a budget is sticking to it.
The fact I can't just buy something immediately when I decide I should is not easy at all. This is particularly true of appliances and such...yet as I was in Target today I realised it is just the same for DVDs or books or even wall hooks upon which to hang my lovely aprons.
Every dollar has a name and 'borrowing' dollars from other allocated sources can turn around and bite the budgetee in the booty.
So, I window shop. I make lists. I do with what I have.
Funny thing is: given a bit of time, I realise I really don't 'want' everything I think I do. I also quite rarely need any of those things.
(though, it would be quite nice to have a shiny new sewing machine though, wouldn't it???)
2 comments:
Such wisdom - but it is nice to get a "want or whim" once in a while just because we want it - but it is true that we usually never "need" those things and in some cases when we get the "whim or want" it turns out not to be as great as we thought :) ma
Much better to pay of remaining debts...much less stress for me!
: )
Post a Comment