Interestingly enough, I sat down to eat and pulled out the book I'm reading (Order of the Phoenix...I
took a detour on my reading schedule). Next to me was a pilot--seemed to be in his mid-late forties...also reading. As we both had a lull in our eating, I asked if he was reading anything interesting. He looks over rather sheepishly...and flips the cover over to show me Eldest. I immediately asked how he liked it and found it. He said his son's favorite book is Eragon (the first in the Inheritance Trilogy by Christopher Paolini) and after they watched the movie together and his son informed him how awful it was...he decided he wanted to check it out. This book is the second in the series.After eating...I traipsed back over to the Southwest Terminal and continued reading until it was time to board my flight...well, mostly...I did realise I forgot my auto confirmation and made a few calls about that--in the end, it didn't matter at all. Off to Phoenix I flew.

It is always fun to see people reading! I came across a blog that is all about people reading...I like to check in once a week to see she's found...I've found a few reads to add to my list! If you want to check it out it's a blogger called People Reading.
It was pretty hot. I got into the pool. The pool was rather chilly--but nice when I'm super hot from the sun0the pool feels GREAT!
I did see friends in the afternoon, Tammy and Dave met me at Starbucks for a nice afternoon chat over some Pelligrino :) It is always so difficult coming to Arizona...I lived here a very long time and it is impossible to see everyone on a trip. Having felt unwell for so many weeks prior to coming...I'm really trying to take it easy.
On my way home I stopped at Claim Jumper to eat with Lauren. It seems we always seem to
I was back in the house before eight...and ready for bed. Already feeling puffy and exhausted, I was ready for a good night of sleep. The last thing I want is to feel rotten while away from home...
First day in the Valley of the Sun was very mellow...which was just perfect.
Temperature: low nineties and there was a breeze. A bit warm...but not too bad in the shade.
Average rate of speed on the roads: 70mph.
No comments:
Post a Comment