27 July 2007

Hmmm...it really is pretty amazing the folks God brings into my life.

Really.

I'm so grateful for the friendships I have...and so aware of how often I take them for granted.

I was just reading over a friend's blog (see photo above). She is currently working at Word of Life in Toalmas, HU...and next month will be heading over to my continent to serve in Mexico for nine months. To see her spirit...and how the Lord is working in her life is humbling. ...and encouraging.

She mentioned these verses at various points:
Ephesians
3:20-21 Now to him who by the power that is working within us is able to do far beyond all that we ask or think, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
...and...
Jeremiah
29:11-14 For I know what I have planned for you,’ says the Lord. ‘I have plans to prosper you, not to harm you. I have plans to give you a future filled with hope. When you call out to me and come to me in prayer, I will hear your prayers. When you seek me in prayer and worship, you will find me available to you. If you seek me with all your heart and soul, I will make myself available to you,’ says the Lord. ‘Then I will reverse your plight and will regather you from all the nations and all the places where I have exiled you,’ says the Lord. ‘I will bring you back to the place from which I exiled you.’

It never ceases to amaze me how the Lord uses everything to get His point across. These verses hit me in my core and reminded me of some very important truths.

First of all...it isn't about me-at all, in any way-nothing is about ME. It is about Christ...and His glory. The only thing that is about me is my trusting the Lord...and seeking Him.

Second...the Lord wants me to cry out to Him in prayer, seeking Him with all of my heart and soul.

God's promises are clear--repeatedly. I'm the one with the clouded vision.

My inability to remember truth on a regular basis sure gets me into a lot of holes. ...heh... God is faithful...in spite of my failures.

Are these truths comforting? Yes. Now to let go...and do some apologising.

: )


1 comment:

Isadora said...

:) Oh, my dear sister. Something tells me we are connected by more than the blog.

Toalmas picked up my ears and looking at that photo above, I can see that I too have photos of that barrister on the stairs :) along with other photos of the castle and the grounds.

There are no accidents as long as He is on the throne and in His economy everything is for a good purpose.

One of the most freeing realizations in my life was the fact that God's expectation of me is merely to be faithful to Him - the success for my 'works' was not my responsibility. WOW, no longer have to be a super anything. In case anyone thinks that such a simple task as being faithful may be easy :) Think again. The ruler of this world, satan, sees to enough distractions along the way to keep it a true challenge.

A pleasure to have connected Deb!